Repair Dental Damage With Restorative Dentistry in Bicknell
Because dental damage impairs essential activities like eating and speaking, it can have a huge negative impact on your life. No matter what kind of damage you have, our restorative dentistry in Bicknell, IN can make your smile fully functional again.Dr. Williams on Restorative Dentistry Read Transcript
There are several ways to replace missing teeth. You can do a bridge, which is cemented in and stays in. You can do an implant and replace it with a crown. Or you can do removable partial dentures, which come in and out, but they still replace the teeth.
Normally, patients, when they lose a tooth, they think, “Oh, it’s just one tooth. I don’t really need it.” But what’ll happen is that the tooth opposing it will drop down into that space and eventually mess your bite up, as well as the spaces between your teeth. Then you get food caught between it – celery and meat. It’s always a constant battle to keep it cleaned out.
So, there’s more things than just a space that you need to be considerate of. That’s the reason why it’s important to replace missing teeth. It keeps your bite stable. It keeps your teeth in the correct position and allows you to chew the things that you want to chew.
Our restorative dental care will:
- Make it possible for you to eat whatever you’d like
- Help prevent gum disease, infection, and other dental problems
- Fill gaps left by missing teeth
- Improve your smile’s appearance
In his nearly four decades as a dentist, Dr. Stephen Williams has performed every kind of restorative treatment, from filling cavities to placing dental implants. For a free consultation with him, call (812) 220-0636.
Choose the Right Restorative Dental Care
Our dental restorations can repair problems from small to large. Our services include:
- Tooth Fillings – We use painless laser technology to place most of our fillings, and we use tooth-colored composite fillings so they blend seamlessly with your smile. We can even remove and replace old metal fillings!
- Dental Crowns – You’ll never have to wait days for a crown again with our CEREC technology. We can make a high-quality crown for you in a single appointment.
- Inlays/Onlays – If you have a cavity that is too large for a filling but not big enough for a crown, we may suggest one of these restorations. They cover the entire top surface and/or sides of your tooth.
- Root Canals – A root canal procedure gets you out of pain and lets you keep a tooth threatened by infection. With our same-day dental crowns, you won’t have to return to our office for a second visit to complete the repair of your infected tooth.
Enjoy Many Tooth Replacement Options
You also have many choices for replacing missing teeth:
- Dental Bridge – A bridge can replace a single tooth or several adjacent teeth. We can attach it to teeth on either side of the gap in your smile – or to dental implants, to avoid modifying your healthy teeth.
- Dentures – You can get any kind of dentures, including temporaries, partials, and full dentures. We can attach them to implants for added security. You won’t need adhesive to keep them in place!
- Dental Implants – These versatile replacement tooth roots can support a dental crown, a bridge, or dentures. They’ll give you a smile that feels and functions like one with natural teeth.
For restorative dentistry in Bicknell, IN, call (812) 220-0636.