Keep Your Teeth in Great Shape With General Dentistry in Bicknell
At Stephen K. Williams DDS & Associates, we offer a wide variety of restorative dentistry to repair damaged teeth. But ideally we won’t have to use any of those treatments. The primary purpose of our practice is to keep your mouth free of decay and gum disease so you can keep your teeth for a lifetime. General dentistry in Bicknell, IN is the key to your lifelong dental health.Dr. Williams on General Dentistry Read Transcript
We are pretty much a one-stop shop. We do all aspects of dentistry. There is nothing really that we don’t do here in the office. Everything from fillings to root canals to extractions. We take wisdom teeth out all the time, place implants, replace teeth with bridges and dentures and partials. Of course, the recall to be able to keep your gums and bone healthy, and the supporting tissues healthy.
Basically, we do everything here. You don’t have to go from one or more, three offices, or go to Evansville or Indianapolis, Terre Haute to be able to get the things that you need. You can have it done right here in this office.
Well, patients generally don’t like to go different places. We’re all creatures of habit, so they like to come to the place where they’re familiar, they know the people, they feel comfortable with them, they feel confident with those folks. So it’s nice to be able to do everything in one place and not have to travel around.
With our general dental care, we:
- Use the latest technology to identify problems when they are small and easy to treat
- Teach you oral hygiene best practices, so you can care for your teeth at home
- Use preventive care to keep your mouth in its best condition
- Improve your oral health, and your overall health too
- Save you time and money by preventing dental damage
If you need to schedule a dental cleaning or other general dental service, call (812) 220-0636.
Stop Problems Before They Start With Preventive Care
Regular dental cleanings and exams are the foundation of general dental care. We recommend visiting us every six months for these important services. We may also suggest additional services like dental sealants to keep your teeth in top shape:
- Fluoride Treatments – Fluoride strengthens your tooth enamel so it’s more resistant to decay. It can even reverse damage in its very early stages.
- Dental Sealants – When applied to back teeth and other tough-to-clean areas, these thin layers create a barrier that keeps bacteria out of the tiny grooves on the surface of teeth.
- Nutritional Counseling – You can improve your oral health as well as your overall health by making good dietary choices.
- Custom Mouthguards – A custom-made mouthguard protects your teeth during sports and other activities. We can also make mouthguards that stop teeth grinding (bruxism). Made just for you, they fit better than store-bought mouthguards.
- Gum Disease Treatment – We use a laser for the most painless gum disease treatment. You can’t have healthy teeth without healthy gums!
Stay Comfortable While You’re in Our Chair
We use patient-friendly technology to keep your exams and other general dental care as comfortable as possible. For instance, our intraoral cameras help us examine your mouth with a minimum of poking and prodding. If you’d like a longer appointment, let us know so we can accommodate you. We’ll also offer you comforts like a pillow and blanket so you can stay cozy during your visit.
Home Oral Hygiene Is Important Too
During your visits to our office, we’ll advise you on how to take good care of your teeth at home. Here are some of the suggestions you’ll hear:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a toothpaste that contains fluoride
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Floss your teeth every day
- Eat a healthy and varied diet
- Limit your consumption of sugary drinks and snacks
- Don’t use your teeth for purposes they’re not intended for, such as opening containers
For general dentistry in Bicknell, IN, call (812) 220-0636.